Saturday, August 29, 2009

Addicted

I have an addiction, apparently.

Coffee? No. Well, yes, but this is not what I am referring to, or more to the point, being accused of.

I am addicted to social media.

I know this, as I get told, often by third parties, that have been told that I am addicted, by other people, who are either my "friend" on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter.

Now, granted, I use both of these mediums, a lot. Well, I use FB much less, nowadays, as it is becoming increasingly clunky, slow and boring. Never the less, I have many friends in all parts of the globe, and I like to update it so they know what I am doing, and vice versa.

So, what's my problem?

If you think I have a problem, fucking well tell me. You know, we are "friends" and this wonderful privelage allows you to send me messages or make comment on the things I post. So, if it bothers you so much, tell me.

Secondly, how is it in fact, that you know that I am addicted? Do you sit in my room and peer over my shoulder to see how often I am on the net? Or, is it that you too, use these fucking tools to check what's going on, but rather than contribute to the sphere, you are simply a voyeur?

Say something, for fuck sake!

And, regarding Twitter, they say: "I don't get it?" "Why do you waste so much time on there?" "Who are you talking to?" Well, stick your own nose into the community and have a look for yourself. You know, you're not going to break it, if you do. And, you just might like it!

"Ah, but you tweet too much." Well, unfollow me then, and stop bagging me, for enjoying the myriad of amazing things, that happen on a daily basis, through this medium. Fuck off.

I use Facebook, Twitter, email, SMS, phone calls, and most recently a blog, to try and stay in touch with my friends and family. If that's not enough for you to understand what I am doing and thinking, and doesn't provide you with enough opportunities to comment, either with support or advice, then I'm sorry, I have nothing for you.

Raw nerve? Yes.

I'm tired of hearing this shit, contribute, somehow, or fuck off.

The end.

2 comments: